Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week -1: Introductions

Hello, Internet, and welcome to my blog! My name is Emily.  I don't expect many strangers to find this, but if you are a stranger, it's nice to make your acquaintance.

In case the header didn't give it away, this is a travel blog. One week from today, I'll be leaving the US for a semester abroad in Sydney, Australia. And in classic 20-something fashion, I feel a deep and primal urge to document the experience in the most public way I can think of. Hence, this blog.


Fast facts about me for the strangers: I'm a junior at Brandeis University, where I am working on a double major in Psychology and Creative Writing and a minor in Linguistics. I like a cappella music, Snapchat, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and overflowing bookshelves. I write fiction and take a lot of pictures.


Here are the rules of the blog:


1) I will be posting every Sunday. Posts may include recaps of the week, pictures, videos, short stories, poems, and anything else that I need to shout into the void.


2) I might post some little things during the week, but maybe not.


3) There really aren't any rules. This is the internet, after all.


Now that that's all been squared away, I should really start packing. 

I hope you come back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment