Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 26: Home Again

Hey everyone!

Guess who forgot to post the LAST BLOG POST!!! (Hint: it's me!)

I got home on Wednesday (much to my Mom's surprise, because I told her I was coming home Sunday). I've had a few great days hanging out at home, but it's time to wrap up this semester.

First, Prague. We were there for two days and it was one of my favorite places I visited. For one, it's so OLD. We watched animatronics on the 600-year-old astronomical clock and crossed a 600-year-old bridge. We toured the largest ancient castle in the world as well as the Old Town of Prague. It was a fabulous way to end the trip.

Here's a picture of the castle!


Now for the reflections. It's been 6 months since I first left for Australia. I've been to a new school, visited more than 15 countries, and circled the entire globe. I snorkeled with a sea turtle, made Thai food in Thailand, nearly melted in Petra, lost my phone for a few hours, and took at least 5 free walking tours. I went out of my comfort zone, tried some new things, and made new friends from all over. This has been an incredible experience for me and I'm so glad I took the leap.

I'm about to go back to school. I wonder how strange the familiar will feel after so much time away. The study abroad office keeps warning us of "reverse culture shock." Maybe I'll feel it, but regardless, I'm excited to see my friends again and start my last year of college. It's just another adventure in a long list.

Thank you so much for following my blog this semester. I hope I've been remotely interesting.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment