Sunday, May 14, 2017

Week 12: Open Letter to My Mom

Hi Mom,

I just got off the phone with you and I know I told you I was going to bed, but it's Mother's Day and I need to write a blog post.

It's been 2 months and 26 days since we were last in the same place. I'm having an incredible trip and I'm so glad to be here, but I miss you. I missed you during Passover when you weren't at the Seders I went to. I missed you when I was in New Zealand and I had to plan my own vacation. I missed you last week when I saw an ad for a Mother's Day brunch discount. I'll miss you tomorrow, the next day, and the week after that.

I could go into how great of a mom you are, how you've supported me in all of the things that I do, how you encourage me to do my best and pursue what I love, or how you've helped me grow up into a slightly taller and hopefully somewhat mature adult. But it's late and I don't want to write a whole novel.

I'm having the best time in Sydney. Today alone was filled with a bonfire with friends and a Eurovision party. This is an unreal semester, but it's days like today when it hits me just how far from home I am. I couldn't even call you until late tonight because you wouldn't have been up yet.

I'm glad you're celebrating Mother's Day with the rest of the family and that it was lovely speaking to you on the phone. I'm so lucky to have the best mom in the world (I know everyone says that, but I'm objectively correct).

All My Love,

Em


1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what to say. xoxoxo. Thank you for the beautiful mother's day message. I miss you too! Come home soon, but have a blast in the meantime.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete