Hello, Friends!
I assume that at this point, I can consider you to be my friends. (Realistically, you were all my friends or relatives already.) You've gotten a decent look into my scrambled thoughts over the last 7 weeks.
It's April! That means lots of things. It means that we changed the clocks here in Australia, except for the places that don't participate in Daylight Savings. It means I have a paper due on Tuesday. It means that the weather here is starting to get cooler.
But it also means that it's Poetry Month! Well, it is in the US and Canada. Apparently I won't get to be in Australia for theirs.
My plan for this week was to write a poem for the beginning of April. Of course, that didn't work out. I'm easily distracted and poetry is HARD. I'll try again for later in the month.
For today, I've got a different poem by a different Emily. Emily Dickinson is a much better poet than I am, so this is probably for the best. She didn't generally give her poems titles, so I'm just gonna drop it right here:
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I’ve heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
I hope you found that to be as beautiful as I do. If you want to share it around, I'll leave the link here. If you're in the US or Canada, I'd recommend reading and maybe even writing some poetry this month to celebrate Poetry Month. If you're not in the US or Canada, I'd recommend doing it anyway because poetry is a beautiful medium.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a paper to write. Happy April, everyone!
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment